Google Blogger allows you to set the number of posts appear on your homepage. Just go to Blogger dashboard->>Layout->> and Click the edit button on the Blog Posts box. After that you will see the interface that allows you to set a number of posts on main page.
Did your blog automatically reduce the total number of posts appearing on your homepage? If yes, then you are experiencing Blogger Auto Pagination. This is one of the bad things happening on our blog, because we don’t know that our blog already experiencing auto pagination unless we will check its homepage. This kind of problem will affect our reader engagement and this is not a good way to present our homepage to them. It can also decrease pageviews of our blog and sure it will look unprofessional.
Blogger Auto Pagination was introduced by Google in the early 2010 to dynamically adjust how much content to send to the browser depending on (a) the amount of HTML on the page being requested (in kilobytes) and (b) the number of images on the page. If you are using Blogger platform to create your blog, always keep in mind that Google pays bandwidth or server resources for you, so if you don’t use your server resources responsibly Google will take an action. There is no setting to click in order to disable Blogger Auto Pagination, but we can do something to prevent it.
Causes of Blogger Auto Pagination
- Drag and Drop of images from your computer.
- Inserting lots of images or large file size of an image in a post.
- Lots of very long posts.
- Copying the image url from another site.
- HTML page size.
How to Prevent Blogger Auto Pagination
- Compress your image file size using third party software before uploading it on Blogger. I recommend using tinypng.
- Make sure you insert images in your post through Blogger upload button. Don’t try to use images from another site.
- Make sure to use Jump Breaks on your posts. Jump Breaks will automatically create something like an introduction of your posts to show on your homepage, because it only loads the part of the article before you use Jump Break. Even your blog already uses a script to automatically create a Jump Break you still need to use it, if your posts on the homepage show two Jump Breaks (read more or more) you may delete the other one by deleting the line of codes on your template.
<a expr:href=’data:post.url + ";#more";’><data:post.jumpText/></a>
After trying all the steps above, you may not see instant changes, you need wait a little of time for your blog will back to normal. You are free to ask something about this tutorial using the comment below.